Saturday, July 1, 2017

Cassidy's Story

Today's story is not only for my daughter but by my daughter.


Cassidy wanted to write a story. She only had one problem... she had no ideas. She sat in her chair and thought. She just could not think of anything. She decided to ask her oldest sibling and only brother Charles for advice. "Charles." She screamed running into his room

 "Cassidy". Charles said in a rather annoyed way. 'Next time you come in in my will you please knock? Anyway what do you need?"

"Fine, next time I'll knock." Cassidy said glaring at her big brother. Then, she started to grin a little. "I am writing a story, but I can't think of anything to write about." Cassidy stated starting to look sad again.

"Don't worry." Charles said excitedly. I have a great idea! How about there is a robot, and it is the only robot known to mankind. He lives with a boy or girl named Jack or Jackie. One day he finds a new robot and has to choose between the kid or the robot. How does that sound?"

"That's a great idea! In fact, it's the best idea I ever heard. I am so going to use that." Cassidy said  happily. Cassidy went back in her room and thought about Charles story idea. She didn't really like the idea. She just didn't want to hurt his feelings.

She sat in her room trying to think. Suddenly, she got an idea but not for the story. She would ask her big sister Abigail for advice. She would have a good  idea that Cassidy liked for sure. 'I should never have asked a boy he would have never said something I would like for my story.' Cassidy thought to herself.

"Knock Knock." Cassidy said as she leaned up to Abigail's door.

"Come in." Abigail answered.

 Cassidy cracked the door open a slight bit. She then slipped through and quickly shut the door. She didn't want Charles to hear. He couldn't fined out that Cassidy didn't really like his idea."Hey!" Cassidy said. "I am writing a story, and I don't know what to write about. I thought maybe you would have a good idea."

Abigail loved to be outside so naturally her story idea had to do with flowers. She thought that Cassidy's story should be about a girl named Mary who liked to make crowns of flowers.

Cassidy told her she loved it although on the inside she didn't really like it at all. She went back to her room to think some more. "I know I'll ask Izzy. Surely, she'll have an idea I like. Cassidy thought. Izzy was Cassidy's twin sister. Cassidy went downstairs to the living room. Izzy was there sitting on the couch. "Can you help me?" Cassidy asked.

"Sure." Izzy replied.

"Well, I'm writing a story, but I don't know what to write my story about." Cassidy said as she looked up at Izzy.

"You're in luck. I have a great idea! You should write about a little boy named Samuel and his sister Jacklyn, and the two of them go on tons of adventures." Izzy declared happily.

"Thanks for the idea." Cassidy said as she walked back to her room. She didn't really like that idea either. "I will try asking Mackenzie." Cassidy thought. Mackenzie was Cassidy's only younger sibling.

"Mackenzie. Can you help me?" Cassidy asked. Mackenzie nodded. "I am trying to write a story. What do you think it should be about?" Cassidy inquired.

"Write bout magical baby ponies." Mackenzie answered

"Good idea." Cassidy replied. She didn't really like that idea ether. Cassidy forgot Mackenzie was only two. How would she have an idea that was good for Cassidy's story?

Cassidy finally thought of an idea she liked. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't tell the others she didn't really like their ideas. She covered her face in her hands and started to cry.

"What's the matter sweetie?" Mommy asked sweetly as she walked over to Cassidy.

"I am writing a story, but I didn't know what to write about. So I asked Charles. Then, I asked Abigail. Next, I asked Izzy, and then, I asked Mackenzie. I told them all I loved their ideas, but I didn't really like any of them. Then, I finally thought of what I like for my story, but don't know how I can tell them." Cassidy said through her tears.

"Write about what you want to write about. They will understand." Mommy replied

"Thanks Mommy. Cassidy answered.

"You can write your story later though. Now, come down for dinner." Mommy said.

"Okay." Cassidy replied. As Cassidy walked down the stairs, she heard her siblings talking.

"I can't wait to hear Cassidy's story  about Samuel and his sister Jacklyn!" Izzy said excitedly.

"Samuel and Jacklyn?" said Charles with a puzzled expression on his face. "She is writing about a robot.

"No." Mackenzie said. She write bout magical baby ponies." Mackenzie said happily.

"No. She's writing about...." Abigail started to say, but she was interrupted by Cassidy.

"The truth is I didn't know what to write about so I asked each of you. I told you I loved all your ideas because I didn't want to hurt your feelings even though I didn't really like any of them. Also, I finally thought of what I actually want to write about, and that is a koala bear named Lyla. I am really sorry." Cassidy stated.

"It's fine." Abigail said. "We were all just trying to help, but it's your story write it about what you want not what one of us wants."

They all nodded in agreement.

After that day, Cassidy still asked her siblings for help with ideas for stories, but she never lied about liking their ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment