Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Sage vs the Sun

Today's story is not only for my daughter but by my daughter


  " Achoo!!!" sneezed Emilia for the millionth time that day.

 "Good morning sweetie." declared Mommy as she walked in with Emilia's little sister Sage. Mommy took out the griddle and started to make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast
        
"Achoo!!!" Emilia sneezed again.

 "Why does Emilia sneeze so much mommy?" asked Sage with a puzzled look on her face.

 "Because she has allergies,which makes her sneeze when she is around certain things" Mommy replied.
    
"Oh" Sage exclaimed as she started to eat her pancakes. When Sage and Emilia were done with there pancakes, they went outside together. Emilia just sat on the bench to relax although Sage went straight to play. "Achoo!!!" Sage sneezed while sitting out in the  sun. "OH NO!!!" Sage thought. "I must be allergic to the sun. "I need to go inside." Sage screamed as she ran passed Emilia and rushed inside. She went straight to her room and didn't look back. She stayed in her room until it was time for lunch.

"Do you want to go swimming with me Sage?" asked Emilia as she took her last bite of food. "We can go in an hour."

"No thanks I can't." Sage quickly replied.

"Why can't you? Emilia asked unknowingly.

"Um, I um have to clean my room." Sage said as she hurried off.

 "I don't think she has ever chosen to clean instead of going to the pool before." Emilia stated. "She hates cleaning."

Sage didn't really want to clean her room, but she knew she could not go outside. She didn't even really need to clean her room at that moment. Sage just sat on her bed all day. She didn't know what else to do.

"Sage dads home!"  Emilia called. Sage ran down the stairs.

" Daddy your home!" Sage said happily as she ran up and hugged her dad.

"Let's all go outside and have a nice picnic. The weather is beautiful" Daddy suggested.

"I can't go outside." Sage replied

"Why not?" Daddy asked.

"Because I'm allergic to the sun." Sage answered.

"Well, how do you know you are allergic to the sun?" Daddy replied looking very confused.

"I am allergic to the sun because Mommy said that when you are allergic to something it makes you sneeze. When I was sitting out in the sun I sneezed." Sage told Daddy

"That doesn't mean that every time you sneeze it is because you are allergic to something. Sometimes you just have to sneeze. " Daddy replied.

" Oh well, in that case, let's go on a picnic!" Sage declared. From that day. on Sage never thought she was allergic to something just because of one sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment