Sunday, March 27, 2016

Beverly Wants A Bunny

Beverly Delancey couldn't wait for Easter. She loved bunnies and she was hoping to get a bunny of her own. "When is my Easter bunny coming?" she asked her mother.

"Why on Easter, of course, Beverly." Mommy replied with a big smile.

Easter could not come fast enough for Beverly. About a week before Easter, Mommy took Beverly to the mall. They waited in a long line for what seemed like hours. Mommy wouldn't tell  Beverly what was going on. She wanted it to be a surprise.

Finally, they reached the front of the line. "Do you want to sit on the Easter bunny's lap?" asked Mommy expecting Beverly to respond yes excitedy

"No." replied Beverly boredly. She started walking away.

"What?" asked Mommy in surprise. " I thought you wanted to see the Easter bunny."

"I want an Easter bunny of my own." replied Beverly.

A couple days later, Mommy told Beverly that Daddy was coming home with a surprise for her. "It is something you really wanted." Mommy told her. "It is a few days early but we knew how much you wanted it, and we just couldn't resist."

Beverly knew she was getting a bunny of her own. She was so excited she started jumping up and down and squealing. She immediately started to think of names for her bunny.

When Daddy came home, Beverly ran over to him. "Where is my surprise?" she asked eagerly.

"Don't I get a hello?" asked Daddy disappointedly.

"Hello, Daddy." replied Beverly. "Where is my surprise?"

Mommy and Daddy laughed at Beverly's eagerness.

Daddy handed Beverly a wrapped package. Beverly was confused. Why would a live animal be wrapped up? She quickly opened up the package. It was a chocolate bunny. "Oh." she said quietly. "Thanks." she added not very enthusiastically.

"I thought you wanted a bunny." replied Mommy in confusion.

"I want a real bunny." stated Beverly. She disappointedly left the room without her chocolate bunny leaving Mommy and Daddy starring after her.

When Easter arrived, Beverly wasn't excited about it all. When Mommy and Daddy told her to come downstairs because they had a surprise for her, she wasn't at all eager to go. What could they possibly have for her now a stuffed animal?

However, when Beverly got downstairs, she found a cage with a little white bunny in it. Beverly excitedly knelt down by the cage. "Is it for me?" she asked happily.

"Yes, she's all yours." they replied.

"I'm going to call her Lily, How did you ever know that I wanted a real life Easter bunny of my own?"

"Oh we just knew." they replied.









No comments:

Post a Comment