Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Phyllis Isn't Funny Anymore

This story is not only for my daughter but by my daughter.


Phyllis was the funny one  around. In school, during recess everybody would hang around Phyllis and she would tell them funny things. Everybody wanted to be her friend.

One day, the day before Phyllis became not so funny anymore. Phyllis's teacher said they were getting a new student her name was Fern.

Ding Dong! Phyllis's doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Phyllis said opening the door.

"Hi . It's me Fern from school. I was just wondering why does everybody call you funny Phyllis?" Fern asked Phyllis in confusion.

"Well I am funny. At least that's what everybody tells me." Phyllis replied.

The next day the teacher assigned a project. She put people in pairs of two. Phyllis got paired with Fern.

The day after,  Fern went over to work on their project. Evie Phyllis's little sister came over. "Evie want to pay too!" Evie pleaded.`

"Evie we're not playing we're working."  Phyllis stated.

"I've got this. I'm great with little kids.  Evie do you want to hear some jokes?" Fern asked.

"Yeah." Evie said happily.

"Okay, but after will you let us work alone?" Fern asked hoping she would agree.

"Okay." Evie agreed.

Fern told her all the jokes she could think of. 

"Fern funny." Evie said with a smile.  

The next day at school Phyllis was so excited for recess. She had thought of  a ton of new jokes and funny stuff to tell  everybody, but when she got outside someone else was telling jokes. Phyllis walked a little closer to see who it was. She was shocked to realize that the person telling jokes was Fern.

"Everybody, I'm here and I've got a lot of new jokes to tell you." Phyllis said happily No one even seemed to notice Phyllis was even there. "Maybe you didn't hear me, but I've got some new jokes to tell you." Phyllis repeated.

"We heard you the first time, but right now Fern is telling us jokes. Maybe, you can later." one of the girls said.

"Oh I see." Phyllis said sadly running away. No one even seemed to notice she left.

Later that day, when Phyllis got home from school, she saw Fern there talking to Evie. "What is she doing here, Mom?" Phyllis asked angrily

"I'm sorry if you don't like her, but Evie and I took a walk and she fell. I asked her what would make her feel better. She said the only thing that would make  her fell better would be Fern." Phyllis's Mom answered.

"My own two year old little sister likes Fern more than she likes me." Phyllis said running up to her room.

"Honey, wait!" Mom said running after Phyllis.

"How come it was Fern she wanted? Why not me? I'm her sister, and she likes Fern more than she likes me. You should just adopt Fern. I can live by myself on the streets, and everybody would be happy." Phyllis said.

"Phyllis, you know I love you, and you know Evie loves you." Mom told Phyllis.

"Then, how come Evie wanted to be with Fern and not me?" Phyllis asked.

"Don't take it personally. you know she is just a little kid." Mom said

"Evie wov Phyllis!" Evie said.

"I love you too, Evie." Phyllis said.

"How about from now on we can be funny together instead of being in a funny competition? Like we can tell jokes together at school." Fern suggested.

"That sounds good to me. I think we will be better at being best friends then we did at being enemies." Phyllis agreed

The next day at recess,  Phyllis and Fern did told jokes and did funny things together. Everybody loved it. It worked out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment