Friday, January 29, 2016

Lazy Lulu

The bright morning sunshine streamed through Lulu Morgan's window, but Lulu did not bother getting out of bed. After a few minutes, her Mom came in the room. Mommy shook her head at Lulu. "Lulu," she scolded, "Aren't you going to get up? It's a beautiful day. Come have breakfast."

Lulu shook her head. "I think I'll just stay in bed." she replied.

A little bit later delicious smells drifted up from the kitchen. It smelled like cheesy eggs, Lulu's favorite.However, Lulu still didn't get out of bed. She just turned over and went back to sleep.

After breakfast, Lulu's dad came into her room. He couldn't understand how Lulu could waste such as beautiful day. "Come on, get up." he urged. "You can come with me to the store."

Lulu scrunched up her nose and glared at her father. "Why would I want to do that?" she asked.

"Because maybe afterwards we can go to the park." suggested Daddy.

Lulu thought about it for a about a minute, but then decided she still didn't want to. "No, thanks." she said.

 At lunch time. Mommy came in again. "Aren't you hungry yet? " she inquired of Lulu. "Aren't you ready to get up?"

Lulu was a little bit hungry. but her bed was just so warm and cozy. "No, I'm not ready to get up." she replied.

Lulu was so lazy. She stayed in her bed all day and wouldn't come out. When she heard kids playing outside, she wouldn't come out. When she smelled the delicious dinner her mother had made. she wouldn't come out. No matter how much Mommy and Daddy begged and pleaded Lulu just wouldn't come out of her room.

"I'll get up when I'm ready." she assured them

"When will that be?" asked her mother. She did not understand how a person could be in a bed for a whole day if they weren't even sick. "Are you okay?" she repeatedly asked as she tried to take Lulu's temperature.

"I'm fine, Mommy." insisted Lulu ducking away from her mother.

Finally, it was night time. Mommy went to see Lulu. Lulu smiled brightly and bounced up out of her bed.

"What are you doing? asked Mommy accusingly.

"I'm getting up now." replied Lulu. "Just like you've wanted me to all day"

"Oh, no you're not." insisted Mommy.

Lulu shook her head. "You want me to get up, you don't want me to get up. Make up your mind."

"I don't want you to get up. It's too late."

"No, it isn't. "  stated Lulu getting ready to climb out of  bed. "Why is it too late?"

"It' s too late because it's bed time!" replied Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment