Friday, February 20, 2015

Who Will Help?

Today's story is not only for my daughter but by my daughter.


Lydia Hennings was a woman with 6 kids 3 girls and 3 boys and her wonderful husband. She knew her family would help her anytime, anywhere or at least that's what she thought.

One day, Lydia decided to make chocolate chip cookies. First, she got the ingredients out. Then, she went to her son Barney. "Barney will you help me make cookies?  Lydia asked.

"Sorry, mom, I'm busy."  Barney answered  trying to get out of having to help his mom. Barney loved his mom but for one thing he was 10 years old so he thought he was too old to make cookies with  his mom. For another thing, Barney did not like helping at all. He ran off before his mom could ask what he was busy doing.

Lydia decided to ask her daughter, Maddy for help instead "Maddy come here!" she called.

"What mom?" asked Maddy as she walked down the stairs

"I was wondering if you want to help me make chocolate chip cookies." replied Lydia

"Oh sorry mom. I'm busy!"  answered Maddy as she ran off. Maddy was Barney's twin, and  she agreed that 10 year olds were too old to bake cookies with their moms. Maddy also agreed that she did not like helping that much, or at all for that matter.
 
Next, Lydia went to find her oldest son, Eric, for help with the cookies. Eric was 13 but he was not very responsible. "Eric!" she called

"Coming!" answered Eric "What do you need mom?" he asked as he slid down the bannister like a little kid.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to help me make cookies. " mom replied

"Oh mom, I don't want to, and I'm busy anyway, sorry mom."  Eric declared.

"What are you busy doing honey?" asked Lydia

"I'm going to um clean my room." he said proudly.

"Oh honey I love you!"  she replied happily.

Lydia started looking for her oldest daughter, Kelsey. Kelsey was 13 like Eric but she was much more mature then he was which was something everyone knew. "Kelsey do you want to help me make cookies?" asked Lydia.


"Um.. I'm um... um..  I'm reading." she said knowing that she not only loved reading but her mom would be happy with her for reading.


"Oh honey you are such a good girl!"

Next, Lydia found her son, Peter.  Peter was 3 years old. "Peter will you help me make cookies?" asked Lydia

"Mommy, do I have to?" asked Peter.

"I guess you don't have to." Lydia replied

Lydia decided to ask her husband Nick like she should have first. Surely, he of all people would help her. Lydia ran up stairs and found her husband. "Honey will you help me make cookies?" Lydia asked

"Sorry I'm busy." he replied.

Lydia was all upset about the cookies. Then, she remembered Peter's twin Elsa, who was cute and sweet, would probably help. At this point, however, Lydia was not sure. "Elsa will you make cookies with me?" She asked the little 3 year old.

"Yes mommy!"  said Elsa excitedly jumping up and down.

"That's great! I'm glad you want to help." replied Lydia.

They started to bake the cookies. When they were done, the cookies smelled great.  Nick, Kelsey, Maddy, Peter, Eric, and Barney all came running down when the smelled the cookies.

 "What's that  good smell?" they all asked.

"Oh that's the cookies that Elsa and I baked." answered Lydia.

"Can we have some?"  asked Kelsey.


"So none of you would help me make the cookies, but now you want to eat some?" inquired Lydia.

"Yes!" replied Maddy

"Well  I guess you can all have some because Elsa and I can not eat all of them alone."

"Thanks mom!"  they replied gratefully.

"You're welcome, I guess." she replied.

They all ate the cookies,  and they were delicious! However, Lydia decided that next time she was going to tell them that if you don't help you don't get.

No comments:

Post a Comment