Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sasha Doesn't Study

Sasha Early's mom greeted her with a kiss on the cheek as she entered the door when she came home from school. "How was your day?" she asked.

"It was alright." replied Sasha. She quickly tossed her book bag on the floor next to the door. Mom glared at her, and she quickly picked it up and put it on the hook where it belonged.

"Do you have any homework?" asked Mom.

"I have a test tomorrow." replied Sasha. She grabbed a bag of chips out of the cupboard and a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. She went in the living room and flopped down in front of the TV.

"Make sure, you study." said Mom.

Sasha didn't even look up from the TV. After, she finished eating she continued watching for another hour. Just as she turned off the TV, Mom came down the steps with a load of laundry. "Did you study yet?" she asked Sasha. Sasha shook her head no. "What are you waiting for?" asked Mom.

"I'll study later." Sasha promised. "Can I please just go outside for a little bit before it gets dark? Please mommy?" she begged.

"Okay agreed." her mother reluctantly. "No more than a half hour."

"I love you, mommy!" exclaimed Sasha gleefully hugging her Mom as she hurried out the door.

An hour later, she still wasn't back. "Sasha!" called Mom angrily out the door. "It's time to come in. You were only supposed to be out for a half hour." Sasha slowly and reluctantly came back in the house.She immediately went into the living room and flopped down on the couch.

"It's time to study." said Mom firmly.

"I'm too hot and tired from being outside. I need to rest a little bit." complained Sasha.

"Sasha!" said Mom angrily.

"Mom!" whined Sasha. She didn't get off the couch.

They argued back and forth for a while. Then, Mom finally went in the kitchen to make dinner. By the time dinner was ready, Sasha still hadn't studied. "I'll study after dinner." she promised. Mom gave her a doubtful look. "I mean it." said Sasha. "I promise." Mom just kept frowning. She had heard that before.

After dinner, Sasha started playing her DS. "I thought you were going to study after dinner." said Mom with intense disappointment in Sasha.

"I will." promised Sasha yet again."I just have to get through this level." She continued playing her game.

An hour later, Sasha was still playing. "It's time to take a bath." said Mom. "Did you finish your studying?"

"Not yet." admitted Sasha. "But I.."

"I don't want to hear it, Sasha." said Mom frowning deeply. "It's time for your bath." Sasha took a bath and got ready for bed. Then, she had just enough time to study before she went to bed, but then she saw the new book she wanted to start reading sitting on her night table. She decided to read one chapter before she started studying. She started reading.

A half hour later, Mom came in, and Sasha was still reading. "Sasha, bedtime." she said.

"But, mom." panicked Sasha. "I haven't studied."

Mom just shook her head sadly. "Whose fault is that?" she asked. "Now it's bedtime." insisted Mom.

"I'll get up early and study." promised Sasha.

However, the next morning, Sasha barely wanted to get out of bed when it was time to get out of bed. "Sasha!" exclaimed her mother. "You're going to be late!"

Sasha finally got out of bed and quickly got read for school. "Do I have to go?" she asked worriedly before she stepped out the door. "I didn't have a chance to study, and I am afraid I'll fail my test."

"You didn't have chance to study?" replied her mother raising her eyebrows at Sasha.

Sasha blushed. She knew she'd had plenty of time. She just didn't do it. She hoped the test wasn't that hard. Maybe she could still pass it.

After school, Mom asked Sasha. "How was your test?"

Sasha frowned. "Really hard." she said unhappily."I didn't know anything. I think I failed it. I've learned my lesson.  I am not ever going to go without studying again." she promised.

Mom wasn't so sure that was true. She had heard that promise before. She hoped this time Sasha really meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment