Sunday, April 28, 2013

Erica Wants Everything

Erica Simms had a lot of things. She had dolls. She had stuffed animals. She had games. She had puzzles. She had more toys than anybody could possibly want or need. At least that's what Erica's Mom and Dad thought. Erica, however, didn't think so. She always wanted more. Every time, Erica saw a commercial or looked through a magazine or went to a friend's house and saw a new toy she wanted it. Mommy and Daddy were really tired of it.

"Mommy!" exclaimed Erica excitedly one afternoon pointing to the television. "I want a Barbie's dream house."

"Erica, " replied Mommy. "you already have a Loving Family doll house."

"But mommy!" whined Erica. "The Barbie Dream House has an elevator."

"So you don't want your Loving Family House anymore?" asked Mommy. Erica shook her head. "Okay." said Mommy. She went to the garage and got some big black garbage bags. She put Erica's doll house and all her doll house furniture and people into the bags.

Erica clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh Mommy!" she said. "When do I get my Dream House?"

Mommy looked at Erica, and shook her head. "You said you didn't want your doll house anymore so I took care of it. I didn't say I was getting you a new doll house." Mommy carted the now full garbage bags back out to the garage. Erica just watched her. She was too stunned to say anything.

A few days later, Erica came home from a playdate at a friend's house. "Mommy!" she exclaimed jealously. "Evie has a baby doll that grows a tooth."

"You've got plenty of baby dolls. " replied Mommy calmly. She barely looked up from the magazine she was leafing through.

"I don't have a baby doll that grows a tooth!" pouted Erica. "I hate all my baby dolls! I want a baby doll that grows a tooth too!"

"I see." said Mommy. She closed her magazine and left it on the table. She went to the garage and got a bunch more big black garbage bags. She loaded up all Erica's baby dolls in the garbage bags and carried them out to the garage. Erica's jaw dropped and her big brown eye's opened wide, but she didn't say a word.

After about a week later, Erica's didn't have so many toys anymore. In fact, her room looked kind of empty.  Mommy found her in her room crying in her bed. "What's the matter?" she asked with concern.

"I miss my toys!" cried Erica. "I want my Loving Family House!"

"But it isn't a Barbie Dream House." pointed out Mommy.

"I don't care!" exclaimed Erica. Mommy went to the garage and got Erica's doll house and everything that went with it. She gave it all back to Erica. Erica stopped crying. She smiled and hugged her doll house. "I want my baby dolls!" she said.

"But none of them grow a tooth." Mommy reminded her.

"I don't care they're my babies." said Erica, "and I miss them.

Mommy went to the garage and got all the bags with Erica's baby dolls and brought them in. Erica carefully took the baby dolls out of the bags and hugged and kissed each one.

Before long, Erica had all her toys back, and she was so happy. That night when they were watching TV, she saw a commercial for a new game. "That is so cool!" she said excitedly. "I want that game!" She looked at Mommy. Mommy looked as though she was ready to get up from the couch and start taking away Erica's stuff again so Erica quickly added. "Maybe, some day I'll get that game, but right now I really love all the games I already have." She smiled at Mommy. Mommy smiled back, and they continued watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment