Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just Julie

Today's Story is by Melia!


Julie Jones loved her name. She thought it was the most beautiful name in the world. But that didn't matter because nobody called her Julie. Everybody thought it was just a nickname. "Juliet come say hello to the class." exclaimed her teacher.

"It's just Julie." Julie explained in a whisper.

"Julianne come help me with my bags." called Aunt Martha.

"It's just Julie." Julie explained quietly.

"Julianna come help me find the  cat." demanded Uncle Fred.

"It's just Julie." Julie explained a little louder but with an inside voice.

"Hi Julietta, wanna' come to my house?" asked her friend Jane.

"It's just Julie." explained Julie a little loudly.

"Julia, will you please play with me?" whined her cousin Liz.

"It's  just Julie!" Julie explained in an outside voice."
.
"Clean your room please Jules." commanded Mrs. Jones.

"It's just Julie!" screamed Julie. "Why did you name me that if no one ever calls me Julie!" and she ran crying to her room.

Mrs. Jones ran after her daughter.
 
"I'm changing my name to the most common name people call me." Julie decided..

"Oh, baby don't do that. You have a lovely name." soothed Mrs. Jones.

"Then why am I the only one that uses it?" complained Julie.

  "Julie why didn't you just tell me you wanted to be called Julie?" cooed Mrs. Jones, as she stroked her daughter's hair.

"I did, only a thousand times!" shouted Julie angrily.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'll try to remember." promised Mrs. Jones.

The Jones girls hugged, and Julie stated, "Thank you mom."

After that people usually called her Julie and if not, she didn't mind as much because she loved her name and Mrs. Jones loved her name. And that was all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment